Saturday 6 September 2008

If Angelica Ruled the World...


At dinner the other night:

"Did you hear about that woman whose son was stabbed in London? She said she forgave the people who did it! What kind of mother is she??? If it were me I'd never do that - I'd go out there and find out who it was and stab them back! Only a terrible mother would forgive someone like that. If she was any good she'd be asking for blood right now! Some people!"

Yes, dear.

It wasn't the least bit admirable. Just what the world needs - more vengeance.

I'm sure your remarks don't offend and invalidate her grief in the least - or disrespect her right to offer forgiveness and understanding for the children drawn into gang culture.

Yes, Angelica, I'm sure you know best.

Again.

Later that evening:

"I'm never having children - who'd want to? They're so ungrateful and selfish."

Jason and I just stared at each other, open mouthed.

No comments: