Thursday 4 September 2008

Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dogs' Tails...


For the first time in ages, we had Mark on his own. He was bubbly and excited and more talkative than ever. There were no mood swings and no arguing. Jason cooked while Mark and I played. I taught him to play a new tune on the piano. He got it in five minutes and put me to shame.

Then we made cupcakes for dessert and sat down for dinner. The atmosphere was light and comfortable and fun. Afterwards I washed up and Mark whupped his dad's ass at a boardgame. When it was time to go, he didn't want to leave.

Is it always the daughters that are the cause of all the trouble or is it to do with the fact that she's the eldest here? Either way, I wasn't the only one who noticed how different things were to usual, when Angelica comes too.

Everyone had a great time; though I can't help but wonder - are boys really best?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think boys are much easier. I've done both and it seems girls are much more moody and hormonal. Not that boys don't have their moments once puberty starts but they have always been easier than the girls.

Just found your blog. Love it!

Medea said...

Thanks Amy! Nice to meet you.
-Mx

Smirking Cat said...

Are teenagers of either gender actually a whole lot of fun???